How Staff Training Programs Increase Profits
Training is “Punishments that induce Actions”.
Punishment, because most people are not willing to study, however, induces
Actions as after undergoing training, positive company culture is developed
that fosters collaboration, increases execution efficiency, the better quality of
output, and overall reduces project cycle time and costs.
The cost of hiring new employees is thousands of rupees considering, the time spent, high turnover ratio, advertisements, and recruitment fees.
Training programs are effective ways to:
- Share Knowledge: Trained employees are more likely to share knowledge and pass the “know-how” experiences. This increases operational efficiencies.
Develop Teamwork: Trained employees are happier and are more likely to work in teams, increasing the level of collaboration, cooperation, loyalty, and work ethics
- Induce Sense of Responsibility: Each construction project has unique challenges. Training helps develop employee confidence by enabling them to implement ideas for making processes efficient. Employees feel invested in the organization.
- Quality Improvements: Quality Control and Assurance [QA/QC] concepts, guidelines, and implementation of standards require changes in employees’ mindsets. This can be achieved through continuous learning programs, leading to lesser reworks, a decrease in material wastage, and more customer satisfaction.
- Efficient Resource Utilization: The efficient use of labor, plant, machinery and other resources can be achieved if a proper understanding of specifications, scope, and design requirements are clear. Training help achieve efficiency by imparting a proper understanding of work activities, their interrelationships, and work scope
- Employee Retention: Workers feel that they are an integral part of the organization and that there are opportunities to prosper and grow
Methods of Training:
- Traditional Way: Instructor Led: A coach watching every step is an effective way to train employees. Staff not familiar with technology are comfortable learning through an instructor. The challenge is to make the staff travel to the training center or the corporate office. It should be ensured that class size and duration are flexible for ease of staff traveling from construction site locations which are usually remote.
- Online Training: These programs are becoming popular because they reduce training time, allow each worker to train according to their schedule, and they cost less than traditional classroom lectures. With the popularity of 3G/4G mobile data plans, training is accessible to employees at any location. Employees may not have experience with computers, however, training can be conducted through mobile internet.
of Digitization in Education:
The onset of digitization in education and its delivery is having a huge impact on the Overall training industry. Customers (Organization) demand customizable, Affordable, constantly evolving learning material that fits their ever-changing business and skill requirements need.
(www.constructskills.in) is one such digital
platform, where a broad spectrum of training needs from across the Construction
Industry is met through various models as discussed above. The key value it
offers is freedom in selecting ready available digital modules, planning &
preparing personal learning programs, setting up an appropriate delivery model,
and configuring 360-degree monitoring to establish 100% outcome. With technology
and great dissatisfaction of employees, training can provide positive outcomes
for construction companies of all sizes.
Write a public review